Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped Screens and Youth Boards on our Diamondback

Hi Everybody,
    lately I've torn a few screens during a print run using our youth boards on our Diamondback S. When I print on youth boards I've been using our regular 16" wide squeege blades. This is likely the greatest contributor to our problem (along with pressure). I'm wondering if you guys switch your blades to the same size as your youth pallet? I've had lots of successful runs printing with the 16" blade, so I'm a little baffled why I'm breaking screens all of a sudden. Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Kieran

You're using too much pressure if you're ripping screens in that scenario. Proper tension, stencil thickness, pressure and mesh count will solve that problem. And you can put 12" blades in your 16" squeegee holder. That will probably work too.
    Steve Simons
    Texas Promowear
    Humble, TX

Comment

Re: Ripped Screens and Youth Boards on our Diamondback

Double bevels would greatly reduce the chances of this happening.
      Sonny
      404-895-1796

Comment

Never had a problem with that on either a Sportsman or a Gauntlet printing on youth size platens. Where does the screen rip?

Comment

I just started working in shop where the current 'operator' was popping screens left and right. He was using entirely FAR too much pressure. I got in there, backed off the pressure, and what do you know.... no more popped screens.

Using 16" squeegees on 12" youth boards is a bad idea, unless you know how to PROPERLY adjust your head and squeegee pressure. If you can't afford a different set of squeegees for your youth boards, you're going to have to experiment with with your squeegee pressure >> just enough so you're making contact, yet still leaving a proper ink deposit. You can always tape the sh*t out of the bottom side of the screen where the squeegee makes contact with the edge of the board, and do the same with the top side of the screen (running with the squeegee stroke, of course), but use a VERY sturdy tape, like pvc tape.

Running too much pressure with over sized squeegees on smaller pallets will also kill your squeegee, aside from popping screens.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X