DOWNTIME!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOWNTIME!?!

Hello, I am looking for all the people that run a shop or just press runners that have learned some tricks. My boss has been getting on to me about the crew having to much downtime, Ive tried explaining to him that downtime is inevitable at times. He wants us to have 5mins of downtime max..... IMPOSSIBLE. So i am looking for pointers how to keep the auto continuously spinning, at this time i feel that i have it down to as low as i can get it.
    I lay out all shirts/hoodies onto job carts, I prep the screens for the press and i usually lock in 8 jobs so they can run. We have downtime to ink the screens and put the flood bar and squeegee into the next screen. When the press loader is setting up the next job screen the unloader is breaking down the screen they just completed. I am just looking for tips and tricks too minimize downtime and ideas for the catchers to do while the press is resetting. Thank you for any input.

Re: DOWNTIME!?!

Still looking for ideas to keep my 2 catchers working on something while the press operators are tearing down and setting up. For now they are cutting our strike shirts that are completely filled with prints into shop rags but they rag box is now over flowing so need another project for them to do during down time.

Comment

I constantly have our catchers sweeping the floor, dusting anything and everything they can think of, cleaning ink off buckets/squeegees/floodbars/floor/press. Who peels the tape for your screen cleaners?

Comment

How about having your catchers lay out the garments for the next job. Frees up more time for you and keeps them doing something meaningful.
        Dave Filip
        Bimm Ridder Sportswear
        (319)364-3479
        davefilip@bimmridder.com

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Comment

But why is there 'so much' downtime though? Is that because they don't have anything to do or that because their work is efficient enough to finish early? If it's the latter, I think it's unfair to make them work more.
          retail management solution
          omnichannel solutions
          magento basic guide
          magento multiple inventory locations

Comment

I more often than not secure 8 occupations so they can run. We have downtime to ink the screens and put the surge bar and squeegee into the following screen. At the point when the press loader is set up the following occupation screen the unloader is separating the screen they simply finished. Essay Writing Help I am simply searching for tips and traps to limit downtime and thoughts for the catchers to do while the press is resetting

Comment

Working...
            X