I need opinions on discharge white

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need opinions on discharge white

I've got three jobs of about 300 shirts each that I would like to do with discharge white. One is a Hanes tagless kelly green shirt, the other two
    are Hanes tagless Texas orange. Does anyone know if these discharge well? I have not done a lot of discharge... a couple of years ago with
    Rutland and Wilflex plascharge. This time I'm considering Matsui, since so many of you have good things to say about it. I also have easy access
    to Jantex ....any feedback? Also, any hot weather tips would be appreciated....this has been the hottest summer since 1980 here. Thanks, John

Re: I need opinions on discharge white

We've never had good luck with white discharge with Red, Blue or Orange tees.

Comment

Originally posted by John Drake View Post
      I've got three jobs of about 300 shirts each that I would like to do with discharge white. One is a Hanes tagless kelly green shirt, the other two
      are Hanes tagless Texas orange. Does anyone know if these discharge well? I have not done a lot of discharge... a couple of years ago with
      Rutland and Wilflex plascharge. This time I'm considering Matsui, since so many of you have good things to say about it. I also have easy access
      to Jantex ....any feedback? Also, any hot weather tips would be appreciated....this has been the hottest summer since 1980 here. Thanks, John
      Just did some discharge for a client for the first time after all these years. I've done discharge a few times with my own clothing line before and they've come out sweet. Took the risk with the client and it came out pretty sweet! I use the union plasticharge. I can't see myself doing it a lot for clients cause I just can't handle the fumes it gives off in my shop. I wore my mask and was sweating! The garments I used were Alstyle 1301 and some AA 2001 so I don't know how Hanes would work. The color of the shirts were black, asphalt, kelly, and red. They all worked good, kinda a off white, not so bright but still decent. Then I printed regular plastisol on top. The discharge on the kelly shirts kinda came out as a mint color. I've wondered about the matsui discharge as well. Is there any discharges out there that don't kill you with the fumes? Anyway, hope your jobs go good!

Comment

Texas Orange should do well. Kelly will most likely fail. Jantex makes good products. If you have access to CCI their white is awesome.

Comment

I like Rutland's white plus the most, I've used Matsui's white many times and for first impressions it is always the whitest, but time after time the post washing result is mediocre, even with their Fixer product. Rutland's white plus does very well after washing but it prints a little less than a stark bright white. I also sampled the CCI D-white the other day and thought it was not as white as Rutland on black g200's. I have worked mostly with Gildan, Hanes, Anvil, AA, the blanks definitely make a difference. Texas org should be fine, but I've yet to see a kelly work well. My $.02.

Comment

Just a question from a newbie...why bother with discharge, an d not just print on the shirt? And do you need multiple screens for discharge? I only have a 1 color 1 station press now.

Comment

Maybe you're thinking about sublimation. Discharge is screen printed...it's just an ink that removes all or most of the shirt color. The
              purpose is to have a softer feeling print.
              Anyway, I bailing on the discharge idea since kelly green shirts are not good for discharge.

Comment

Just an FYI the blue dye used to make royal, kelly, and most purples is the culprit. Regardless of brand.

Comment

You can send an email to product@gildan.com and they will send you a listing of every color they make and test results of both Wilflex and Union Ink's discharge inks on them. It is not an exact science as only shades with a certain Black #5 dyestuffs are supposed to discharge. They have numerous colors outside of the 4 they offer that do react well to discharge inks.

Comment

Working...
                  X