Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing discharge and waterbased inks with Cake batter mixer!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing discharge and waterbased inks with Cake batter mixer!!!!

Guys, this has been awesome, you can mix very large quantities too. I bought two kitchen aide hingable cake mixers from Ebay, we use the batter mixer that you would recognize from a standard hand held batter mixer. You can use the stainless mix bowls that come with them, but I've found that the poly mix cups from Home Depot, or Lowes are best, they stay in place, easy to load unload, and most of all, to get your ink in and out at press. Here is a clip, my mix table is dirty in the clip from a lot of mixing that day, but I'd never go back to a drill and that mess, this literally, lock and load, and let it run, especially for WHITE DISCHARGE, the pain to mix, is now over!!!

http://youtu.be/ewfuZ--_i_c
    www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

That looks awesome!

Comment

Re: Mixing discharge and waterbased inks with Cake batter mixer!!!!

I'm telling you, it has made life so much easier with working in the discharge realm, especially white. Along with other things I had to find a comfort zone with, like emulsion type, and exposure, then I was hitting the wall with ink mixture. This way, there is no way to undermix. I've also experimented by leaving a batch on the mixer for an hour, just to see what could or would happen. Nothing, just kept on mixing and printed fine, discharged fine as well. All chunky issues with matsui white are gone, all issues with grittyness from activator, solved. Not to mention, you don't have to stand there, hold a drill, and hope not to splash a mess all over yourself.

Comment

What brand and model is that thing? I don't see it on eBay.
        Steve Simons
        Texas Promowear
        Humble, TX

Comment

Re: Mixing discharge and waterbased inks with Cake batter mixer!!!!

The Chrome one is a Kitchen Aide, and I have another one there that is a Hamilton Beach, both work great, they are older models but weren't anything fancy when new.

Comment

Working...
          X