Haze remover that works..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haze remover that works..

In the mid 90's we had some haze remover that really worked. It was a bit caustic, sting if you got it on your skins, put holes in your clothes, but it worked. We've tried all kinds of brands since then and can not find anything that really works. We are small but busy shop, so it can be a long time between applications. Anyone have anything they like that gets outs old tuff stains..

We like the AD-560 from Chromaline but they've since discontinued it. We're looking for the next best thing too to switch over. We like the thick stuff that you can get to stick to a scrub pad and scrub the image from both sides and work the ink out of the mesh. I'm looking for a recommendation for something new to try.
    Steve Simons
    Texas Promowear
    Humble, TX

Comment

Re: Haze remover that works..

My shop currently uses IW-107 from CCI. After the screens are reclaimed a 1:1 dilution with water is sprayed directly onto the ink haze. After a slight scrubbing the ink is easily removed with a pressure washer.

LSR-30, also from CCI, is another option that worked really well. However, it was a bit harsh on the lungs and wasn't suitable for prolonged use by our employees.

Comment

We tried the most caustic stuff CCI had.. it was GB-1000.. didn't do a thing. I need stuff that will get old stains out.

Comment

We use Kiwo Cleanline Haze Remover. Scrub it on, let it dry, rinse it off. We let it stay on over night then pressure wash off and degrease.
          Dave Filip
          Bimm Ridder Sportswear
          (319)364-3479
          davefilip@bimmridder.com

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Comment

Sericol have a thick paste that gets everything, and I mean EVERYTHING out.

We use it once monthly more or less.

Can't leave it overnight or you won't find any mesh in the morning though.

Comment

We're now using CCI Pink Stuff but it's still not as good as the Chromaline AD-560 that we used previously. Any other stuff out there that works good?
              Steve Simons
              Texas Promowear
              Humble, TX

Comment

I know a shop which currently uses IW-107 from CCI. After the screens are reclaimed a 1:1 dilution with water is sprayed directly onto the ink haze webpage. After a slight scrubbing the ink is easily removed with a pressure washer.

Comment

Working...
                X