Best Experience with underbase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Experience with underbase

Just joined the forum, looking forward to learning and sharing info with everyone!

Anyways, I'm a new printer. I jumped in headfirst and opened up a shop with my Wife. I am trying to figure out how to get the most opaque underbase, Currently I am using Rutland ink Street fighter ink, both the 50/50 poly blend and the 100% cotton when doing different garments. But I can never get a nice opaque underbase. I've played with the pressure and print speed, and normally run it two strokes. I feel anymore than that I am laying down too much ink and wasting too much time. I am using static screens, I plan on switching to rollers as soon as I can. Any tips on getting a more opaque underbase? Occasionally my top colors will look a little spotty because of it. Thanks!

Re: Best Experience with underbase

What mesh are you using. We use murakami smartmesh and almost always use a 150/48 for underbases and sometimes even as high as a 225. It can be several things such as stencil thickness, off contact, squeegee angle/sharpness stroke speed and angle. Also, I've never used streetfighter. I use wilflex epic quick white. Not saying anything about streetfighter but wilflex really prints well.
    It's not a job if you love doing it.
    Doug Shaw

Comment

Re: Best Experience with underbase

Switch to One Stroke Ink. Most opaque plastisol out there. 110 is your Under Base mesh. Adjust speed/Pressure can sometimes help, but you'll see more of a difference with squeegee angle. Think of it like Icing A cake. If you stand the squeegee straight up, you will sheer off way too much ink. Angle the squeegee down more and slow it down a bit. You should get a good underbase that way.

Comment

Working...
      X