Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I image STE Blurry Print issues

Hi Everyone,

We have been experiencing some issues on and off for the past few months where our images have been printing out blurry almost as if the ink is bleeding off the edges. This issue will occur for a while and then sometimes it will print fine. It seems random. I will post some pictures. The type of emulsion we are using is Ulano platinum. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Contact our digital service department. They will need to know what the humidity is in the press environment
    Rich Hoffman
    CEO
    Toll-Free: 800 736 6431
    Office: +1 630 858 6101
    Mobile: +1 630 240 9076
    Fax: +1 847 583 8578
    rich.hoffman@mrprint.com

The M&R Companies
    M&R - NuArc - Amscomatic
    1N372 Main St
    Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
    www.mrprint.com

Comment

Re: I image STE Blurry Print issues

Thank you for contacting us in the service dept.
      Marco Zablockij
      M&R Company
      Digital Products Division
      marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
      Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
      Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

Comment

We have been facing the exact same problem for quite some time now. We couldn't figure out whether it was a problem with the emulsion that we were using, or the pre-treatment of screen so we have been experimenting on those factors recently.

It sort of makes sense that the room humidity could be affecting this. I was thinking more along the lines of it being an Ink Type issue, since we use the K type which is more runny and can bleed on the mesh fibres, compared to the D Type.

Could you let us know what is a more favorable humidity level? We've got the press air cooled and quite dry, but given this is in Bangladesh it's bound to be humid here. Please advice.

Originally posted by tomsquad View Post
        Hi Everyone,

We have been experiencing some issues on and off for the past few months where our images have been printing out blurry almost as if the ink is bleeding off the edges. This issue will occur for a while and then sometimes it will print fine. It seems random. I will post some pictures. The type of emulsion we are using is Ulano platinum. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I image STE Blurry Print issues

What emulsion are you using and what is the amount of humidity in the room with the I image?
          Rich Hoffman
          CEO
          Office: +1 630 858 6101
          Mobile: +1 630 240 9076
          Fax: +1 847 583 8578
          rich.hoffman@mrprint.com

The M&R Companies
          M&R - NuArc - Amscomatic
          1N372 Main St
          Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
          www.mrprint.com

Comment

Thoque,
            I have attached our recommended screen room conditions. You are correct in thinking the conditions and emulsion effect the way ink lays down.
            Our service number for digital is active 24/7 and can be reached at +1-847-410-3500. You can also email me at alex.mammoser@mrprint.com and I will make sure the email gets to the proper service team.
            Thanks,
            Attached Files
            Alex Mammoser
            Digital Products Sales
            alex.mammoser@mrprint.com
            Direct: 847-410-3500
            Mobile: 630-220-6588
            Office: 800-736-6431

Comment

You should be able to verify your machine is printing correctly by printing on different media, i.e. photo paper spray tacked on to a uncoated screen.
              If you are able to get better quality on photo paper then we will have to evaluate your screen coating process and or screen storage environment
              Please feel free to contact me for support.

Alex Wisniewski
              Digital Service
              Administrative Manager
              Office: 847 410 3500 Ext: 155
              alexw@mrprint.com

The M&R Companies
              M&R - NuArc - Amscomatic
              Digital/Niles
              6200 W Howard St
              Niles, IL 60714 USA
              Product Information at
              www.mrprint.com - English
              www.mrprint.com - Espa�ol
              www.mrprint.com - 中文 (简体)
              www.mrprint.com - Magyar
              Parts & Supplies at store.mrprint.com
              Find us on Facebook

Comment

Hello we are dealing with the same issue here on the Iimage ste ink is bleeding out sawtoothing solid lines and not being able to print fine detail. emulsion we use is ulano blue machine is not even a month old .. machine temp is 28/28 .. any help asap will be great ....

Comment

Originally posted by kturcotte View Post
                  Hello we are dealing with the same issue here on the Iimage ste ink is bleeding out sawtoothing solid lines and not being able to print fine detail. emulsion we use is ulano blue machine is not even a month old .. machine temp is 28/28 .. any help asap will be great ....
                  Please give the M&R Digital Service Department a call 847-410-3500
                  If you can have a few very clear photos ready to email, that would be great. Sometimes it is easier to lay a penny, or paper clip, right next to the image. This allows the camera to focus on that and gives us a clean and clear photo of the ink on screen.
                  Marco Zablockij
                  M&R Company

Comment

I've been having this issue for the last week with our i Image-S
                    can someone please help!!!
                    Our room temperature is between 70-80 degrees, and humidity is between 50-60%
                    I attached some images with the problem reflected. 2nd print is worst than 1st.

Please help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NILOPIENSES View Post
                      I've been having this issue for the last week with our i Image-S
                      can someone please help!!!
                      Our room temperature is between 70-80 degrees, and humidity is between 50-60%
                      I attached some images with the problem reflected. 2nd print is worst than 1st.

Please help.
                      From the look of photos, you may be dealing with pre-exposure issues. Have you contacted our digital service team about this yet? Have you tried printing a screens that was fresh coated and not one that was sitting over night?
                      Please work with the Digital Service Team about this. Have photos ready to send off to the tech you speak with.
                      847-410-3500 - This will go directly to the service team on phone support today.
                      They are open Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm CST
                      Marco Zablockij
                      M&R Company

Comment

I can see that this is an old post yet it fits the intermittent issue we have had here at progressive with our ST ... these forums never seem to go anywhere because he m&r reps pull the problem to their telephones and there is usually no follow-up ... so here is how we deal with it .... this is a problem that started after a switch to K ink ... sometimes the "splatter" as we call it will infect an entire run of screens ... sometimes it pops up in the middle of a run on just one or two screens ... here is the action we take : 1) clean plate around print heads 2) purge air from the ink lines (certain procedure needs to be followed) 3) clean wipers and capping station 4) determine if a set of new wipers should be installed (we find that we change wipers every 6-8 weeks and we keep several new pairs in house)

this problem came visiting again yesterday morning ... we operate in a cold environment so one thing we do is put a lamp pointing to the ink reservoir in back to warm the ink ... we did all but number 4 above and had a good run for the day but not perfect ... today we saw the issue again and this time we replaced wipers ... all of this puts us on a steady course .... we know this will happen again but we at least have a fix

also wanted to mention our shutdown procedure ... over the course of a few years we have gotten several different procedures from different reps ... this is what we have settled on and have found this to be trouble free... note that we have replaced at least 4 print heads over 3 years ... since the last replacement (about 4 months ago) we adopted this procedure and have seen the best run of trouble free printing yet , so this is what we do : 1) cap on 2) log out of all programs except Printer Control 3) leave the nozzles open 4) leave control console, computer, and ST ON 5) turn off monitor and say good night ... to start up simply boot up what you need, auto clean 2-3 times and start printing

Comment

Working...
                        X