Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&R I-Image Art Questions

Hi Forums

We finally joined the I-Image world, bought a used I-image ST 2 head printer.

Printer is working great, after one day of testing we're excited AND mad at ourselves for not making the jump sooner!

I've poured over the forums and found some good workflow posts on how to get the Art from Art Department to screen, but have a couple basic questions.

M&R digital department was super helpful in getting us setup, but i thought id ask a few questions here.

We created some blank templates in Photoshop and Illustrator for our different screen sizes, i thought it was the easiest way to have the art department place sep files already at the right positions on screen, but when we output the screen the printer keeps printing the ENTIRE dimension of the template, even if there is no art on the rest of the screen.

So for a 23x31 template with only a 6 inch design on it, our printer keeps "printing" the entire 31" down, without laying any ink since the space is blank.

Is this how other users are setting up files? or just using the Colorprint RIP for file placements? The manual we have seems to offer up slightly conflicting options to do this.

Also, when we import a PDF file from Illustrator, the I-image is printing a square border box around all of our seps.

I'm sure its a bonehead mistake on our part, but have tried saving the art is several different ways but its still doing it.

Any advice or Art worklfow advice from other I-Image users would be appreciated!

I can always call M&R again monday, but they already spent two hours on phone with us last week so thought id give them a break and try here!

thanks for your time

just a thought : from illustrator you want to export as an "ARTBOARD" ... your page should be the exact screen size you are imaging with image placed accordingly

Comment

When building your template, it should be roughly the size of your pusher frame. I typically have people go 1" shorter in both directions. That will be your MAX image area. Once you are done with the art, keep your width the same, but take the bottom of the art board and bring it all the way up to about 1/4"-1/2" from the lowest point of your printed art.
      Save it as an EPS - Check USE ARTBOARD - RANGE 1
      Following these few steps should always land your art where you need it without ghost printing all the extra at the bottom.
      Marco Zablockij
      M&R Company
      Digital Products Division
      marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
      Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
      Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

Comment

Working...
      X