Diamondback stopping mid index

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondback stopping mid index

I have been running my Diamondback for almost 3 years with no index issues. Recently I reconfigured my shop so I changed the direction of printing from clockwise to counter clockwise. At first everything was fine but now sometimes (happening more frequently) when the servo goes to index the fork that grabs the knob pulls back and the spin stops mid index. Any clue what is causing this? Also I tried switching back to clockwise and it never does it going that direction.

Here is a video > https://share.icloud.com/photos/0o-X...HQ#Memphis,_TN
    Last edited by alwilson; 2 weeks ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The issue is steadily getting worse.

Comment

Greetings,

The M&R Service Department suggests this solution:

Replace the clevis cylinder. Sounds like the cylinder is not going all the way in.
      If you have additional timely needs, the quickest solution is to contact the M&R Service Department directly.

https://www.mrprint.com/contact-us

Comment

heck continuity of safety cables?
        Dave Filip
        Bimm Ridder Sportswear
        (319)364-3479
        davefilip@bimmridder.com

You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB View Post
          Greetings,

The M&R Service Department suggests this solution:

If you have additional timely needs, the quickest solution is to contact the M&R Service Department directly.

https://www.mrprint.com/contact-us

If the clevis cylinder was bad wouldn't it do the same thing no matter which direction the press is indexing? It only does this when indexing counter clockwise.

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson View Post

If the clevis cylinder was bad wouldn't it do the same thing no matter which direction the press is indexing? It only does this when indexing counter clockwise.
            Here is additional information from the M&R Service Department:

Looking at the video looks like cylinder is weak causing the clevis fork to back out. You can try to extend the stroke of the cylinder by adjusting the rod end piece that is attached to the cylinder shaft. I would definitely replace the cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianB View Post

Here is additional information from the M&R Service Department:
              Thanks for the feedback. Can you let me know what part number that is? It is a Diamondback S.

Comment

Originally posted by alwilson View Post

Thanks for the feedback. Can you let me know what part number that is? It is a Diamondback S.
                For the fastest service, please call the M&R Parts & Supplies Hotline at 1-630-858-6101 or toll-free at 1-800-480-8765 and have your Diamondback S serial number ready. They can provide the information you need.

Comment

Working...
                X