Welcome to the M&R t-shirt, screen printing and digital forums.
  • Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Afternoon everyone,

I was hoping someone could help point me to instructions on how to reset the counter on the carriage motor on an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 printer. As of yesterday the panel started showing a code: Mnt Req. 0002, which via talking to Epson support indicates that the carriage motor needs to be replaced. The tech said however that if there is no issue with print quality, that it has probably just exceeded the set usage they preset at the factory, and just needs to be reset. Unfortunately he had no info for me on how to reset it for some reason.

If anyone has encountered this, or has a link to an instruction guide on how to fix it, I would appreciate any info.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Managed to find the solution after googling it many different ways. If anyone else is in need of this info, here is a link that worked for me.

Link to Instructions

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Same thing happened to the 7800 at work, only the print quality is horrid meaning it needs a new motor.. the printer now collects dust as they feel the motor is to expensive [rolleyes]

John Sheridan
    Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan
    Same thing happened to the 7800 at work, only the print quality is horrid meaning it needs a new motor.. the printer now collects dust as they feel the motor is to expensive [rolleyes]

Ouch. Heck, I couldn't even get the Epson tech on the phone to commit to a ballpark on the motor price. He said we would have to take it to a service center, and get a quote. Well living in western NC the closest service center is 2 hours away, so thats a no go. Would love to know what they price those motors at though. Thankfully, even after the reset the print quality is fine. Lets hope it stays like that for a good while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    $350 for the 7800 motor.

Check out http://www.bytes2print.com/
    They're an authorized Epson parts dealer and even have the parts diagrams on the site.
    John Sheridan
    Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by John Sheridan
    $350 for the 7800 motor.

Check out http://www.bytes2print.com/
    They're an authorized Epson parts dealer and even have the parts diagrams on the site.

Bookmarking that site now, excellent info, thanks John! It's looking like the part that I need is the CR MOTOR ASSY (I say this, as they have several CR MOTOR related parts).....if that is the correct part, it is in the $270 range. Thats not too hateful. I now wonder how hard it is to actually change it out.