Welcome to the M&R t-shirt, screen printing and digital forums.
  • Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0

• Notice: N/A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    we're printing 4 color process on dark 100% cotton , using wilflex plascharge w/40-50% mx white mixed in as an underbase. So far our best results have been on charcoal shirts . Print colors are bright enough but I'm wanting to get the same or better results on black shirts. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    You are using Plasticharge I am guessing so there is a nice soft hand feel. I would try using the Wilflex Fashion Base, it is a curable additive we use almost everytime we print. The print isin't totally soft, but the opacity is really good even with a 50/50 mix into white ink, and the print feels really nice (again it is not as nice as no feel, but better then too light of white).
    - Josh Snider

No Division Screen Printing
    10895 Portal Drive
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720

www.NoDivision.com
    714-236-9640

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Where do you add the Fashion Base in the process? Do you add it to the discharge/white mix?

Please clarify in regards to trying to pop a bright 4CP image on a black garment.

Steve Simons
    Texas Promowear
    Humble, TX
    (281) 548-0570

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by HTT-130
    Where do you add the Fashion Base in the process? Do you add it to the discharge/white mix?

Please clarify in regards to trying to pop a bright 4CP image on a black garment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    We've considered a few possibilities. 1) is to find a way to add more white pigment either by means of a stronger mix of activator to discharge base or 2) a higher than recommended % of white plastisol or 3) add a white water based ink or pigment.
    anyone tried either?

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    hi sorry to jump in just wondered if any 1 here has printed 4 col process dicharge ?

i see that its quite regular to print discharge base white and then plastisol process on top we have done this our selves but then started useing a discharge underbase for prominent light areas then cmyk discharge with a highlight white for strong highlight areas !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpytech
    hi sorry to jump in just wondered if any 1 here has printed 4 col process dicharge ?

i see that its quite regular to print discharge base white and then plastisol process on top we have done this our selves but then started useing a discharge underbase for prominent light areas then cmyk discharge with a highlight white for strong highlight areas !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpytech

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    I had'nt considered cmyk in discharge...that works? I'll be using the highlight screen to get where we're trying to go, but thats an experiment I'd like to try sometime. I was really wanting to know if anyone had any luck getting more color out of black shirts with discharge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    Sorry for my late response to this topic. The brightness of the white is going to depend a lot on the garment. The garment will discharge out to a natural or neutral color the majority of the time. Depending on how light that color is, is how bright your white will be.

Of course there is one other factor with Plascharge. It is the white that you are mixing with the Plascharge. In your initial post you stated that you were mixing with MX White. MX white is actually a blending white. It is not designed to be a stand alone white, so it doesn't have great opacity. Basically you are mixing MX White (that doesn't have a lot of opacity) with 50% Plascharge (which acts like a extender), so you are loosing a lot of opacity.

To try to get more opacity try using a white designed for stand alone or underbase printing on 100% cotton. Such as Wilflex Sprint White or Wilflex Artist Plus White. Our applications manager likes the Artist Plus White with the Plascharge better. It tends to mix in better.

We also have Wilflex Oasis Super White, which is 100% waterbased discharge white. It is very opaque.

Let me know how this turns out!!

Erin