Welcome to the M&R t-shirt, screen printing and digital forums.
  • Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0
     
  • Notice: N/A
    Loading...
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Hi there,

    I got this error on our i-Dot (on Epson display) Service Req. 0001001D
    Troubleshooting accordingly to manual doesnt help.
    Any ideas?

    Thx

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    If I can have your email, I will send you the document we have on this error code.

    You should make sure on the IDOT that the encoder strip is clean, there is nothing on the drive rails that could stop the print carriage from moving and that the area around the capping station is clean and clear of any ink build up.
    Marco Zablockij
    M&R Company
    Digital Products Division
    marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
    Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
    Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    I am also getting this error message. I just installed a new print head, if that might factor into it.

    If you need my email for the instructions referred to above, its jayperry@mcdowelltech.edu

    Thanks,

    Jay Perry

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPerry
    I am also getting this error message. I just installed a new print head, if that might factor into it.

    If you need my email for the instructions referred to above, its jayperry@mcdowelltech.edu

    Thanks,

    Jay Perry
    A new print head should not be a factor in this. This error deals with power fluctuation up and down going into the printer.
    First, make sure you have the IDOT plugged into a battery back up (UPS) system. The IDOT needs a clean smooth power flow going into it. If you have it plugged right into the wall or even a power strip, the spike in power will cause this error code to come up.
    Next check the encoder strip. Make sure it is clean and clear of any dust, dirt or even ink that may be on it. Use a clean link free rage to wipe it down. If you have a little ink, iclean may be used to help clean that off.
    Belt tension can also cause this error code. If the drive belt is to to loose or to tight, this will cause this error.
    If you are still having issues please give us a call at 847-410-3500, this is the digital service line.


    Marco Zablockij
    M&R Company
    Digital Products Division
    marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
    Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
    Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    561
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZ
    A new print head should not be a factor in this. This error deals with power fluctuation up and down going into the printer.
    First, make sure you have the IDOT plugged into a battery back up (UPS) system. The IDOT needs a clean smooth power flow going into it. If you have it plugged right into the wall or even a power strip, the spike in power will cause this error code to come up.
    Next check the encoder strip. Make sure it is clean and clear of any dust, dirt or even ink that may be on it. Use a clean link free rage to wipe it down. If you have a little ink, iclean may be used to help clean that off.
    Belt tension can also cause this error code. If the drive belt is to to loose or to tight, this will cause this error.
    If you are still having issues please give us a call at 847-410-3500, this is the digital service line.

    I have to disagree with the UPS thing. We originally had our unit on a UPS and it would not stay in standby mode. After various times, it would turn off standby and not do nozzle checks or cleanings.

    We plug the unit directly into the wall now and have not had that issue again. We tried 2 different UPS models, both new, and neither worked.


    That's my experience.....
    Steve Simons
    Texas Promowear
    Humble, TX
    (281) 548-0570

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Jay,

    If you just changed the head, be certain that the encoder strip is positioned correctly inside the U shaped reader on the back of the head housing. If it is out of place it will cause this error.

    Geoff Baxter
    Geoff Baxter
    Director, Digital Products Division
    630-487-0065
    geoff.baxter@mrprint.com

    The M&R Companies
    www.mrprint.com
    800 736 6431 or +1 630 858 6101

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Another reason you need to have some type of UPS system is sudden power outages can affect the chip reset boards and the mother board itself. I have experienced this first had.
    Marco Zablockij
    M&R Company
    Digital Products Division
    marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
    Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
    Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moscow Russia
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aivars Roze
    Hi there,

    I got this error on our i-Dot (on Epson display) Service Req. 0001001D
    Troubleshooting accordingly to manual doesnt help.
    Any ideas?

    Thx
    Hi! If You change printhead, this problem may be caused, not right aligned printhead. Try reassembly printhead parallel carriage.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Raytown, MO
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZ
    A new print head should not be a factor in this. This error deals with power fluctuation up and down going into the printer.
    First, make sure you have the IDOT plugged into a battery back up (UPS) system. The IDOT needs a clean smooth power flow going into it. If you have it plugged right into the wall or even a power strip, the spike in power will cause this error code to come up.
    Next check the encoder strip. Make sure it is clean and clear of any dust, dirt or even ink that may be on it. Use a clean link free rage to wipe it down. If you have a little ink, iclean may be used to help clean that off.
    Belt tension can also cause this error code. If the drive belt is to to loose or to tight, this will cause this error.
    If you are still having issues please give us a call at 847-410-3500, this is the digital service line.

    Do you think a power spikes can cause probelms for a DTS? It's not M&R, but it is Epson technology.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bearwhiz
    Do you think a power spikes can cause probelms for a DTS? It's not M&R, but it is Epson technology.
    Yes it can. In my experiences with Epson, power going to the Epson needs to be very clean and consistent. If not, the power spikes can and will cause error codes and may even go as far as damaging power boards.
    Marco Zablockij
    M&R Company
    Digital Products Division
    marco.zablockij@mrprint.com
    Digital Service Dept: 847-410-3500
    Main (M&R): 800-736-6431

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
T-Biz  M&R t-shirt, digital and screen printing forums
Back to top