Welcome to the M&R t-shirt, screen printing and digital forums.
  • Shoutbox
    Active Users: 0
     
  • Notice: N/A
    Loading...
 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    M&R’s Shop Floor-Layout Program helps you create the ideal floor plan for streamlined production flow and maximum shop efficiency—before you start arranging or rearranging equipment.

    You must be a registered member of the M&R Companies Forums to download this program. Registration is free, but requires a valid email address.

    Once you are registered you can download the Shop Floor-Layout Program in either of two versions, .zip (compressed) or .exe (executable installer file).

    Click here to register.


    M&R Shop-Floor-Layout Program HOW TO



    • Draw your production floor outline using the “Wall” tool. Set the appropriate wall thickness.

    • Use the “Place Prefab” tool to properly position support pillars.

    • Import icons of your M&R equipment and place the machine(s) on the shop layout.

    • Move the machinery icons around using the “Select” tool. Try different layouts until you’ve identified the best possible configuration for production flow.

    • Use the “Dimension” tools to measure the distances between equipment, or from equipment to pillars and walls.

    • Use the “Square/Rectangle” and “Circle” tools to draw other types of equipment and add them to the drawing.

    • Use the “Rotate” tool to reorient equipment.

    • Use the “Text” tool to identify items or enter comments.

    • NOTE: M&R equipment drawings automatically include names and pertinent technical information.

    • The adjustable “Grid” makes precise movement of elements simple and accurate.

    • The “Zoom” tool provides close-up viewing for fine adjustments. (The mouse “scroll wheel” can also control the Zoom function)

    • The “Auto-fit” tool adjusts the drawing to display full-screen


    UPDATING YOUR SHOP FLOOR LAYOUT SOFTWARE

    Some new machines have been added to M&R's lineup since the original version of the Shop Floor Layout Program was released, so we have an update that will add the latest M&R, Amscomatic and NuArc machines to the equipment options in the software.

    To install the update, download the zip file attached to this post named Updated Equipment Diagrams.zip, then open the zip file using the native windows decompressor by right-clicking the file and selecting "UnZip to . . ." or "Extract to . . ." from the menu that appears. Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to use a 3rd party program like WinZip to open the file.

    Open the "Updated Equipment Diagrams" folder that results from the decompression. You should see 30 or more files. Now locate and open the folder at C:/Program Files/M&R Sales and Service/M&R Floor Layout/Machines on the computer with the Shop Floor Layout software installed. (if you chose a different location for the software when you installed it originally, you will need to locate the "Machines" folder in that directory.)

    Copy all of the files in the "Updated Equipment Diagrams" folder to the "Machines" folder, and you're done. The next time you open the Shop Floor Layout Program, you should have all of the latest equipment diagrams.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Scot; 09-11-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Updated Equipment Diagrams
    Thad Hutton
    Dir. Marketing & Advertising
    +1 760 966 7171 ext 112

    The M&R Companies
    www.mrprint.com
    800.736.6431 or +1 630.858.6101

  2. Likes Derrick1217 liked this post
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    What an absolutely terrific, wonderful, kick-ass tool. You'd laugh if you you know how many times I cut out pieces of equipment to scale for new floor lay out. I spent some of my morning starting to look at another auto and/or manual press. This is going to make planning SOOOOO much easier. Thanks again M&R!!!
    Dave Filip
    Bimm Ridder Sportswear
    (319)364-3479
    davefilip@bimmridder.com

    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX & Cuernavaca, MX
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    download the Shop Floor-Layout Program in either of two versions, .zip (compressed) or .exe (executable installer file).
    Thad, what about those of us on Macintosh? Any way that we can have the same tool?
    May all your impressions be great,

    Bill Hood
    Consultant to the Screenprinting Industry Worldwide since 1983
    Austin, TX and Cuernavaca, MX
    World Phone: (0011) 512.481.2465

    http://solutionsjournal.com
    http://schoolofscreenprinting.com
    http://screenprintstore.com

  5. Likes Rockers liked this post
  6. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hood
    Thad, what about those of us on Macintosh? Any way that we can have the same tool?
    Bill,

    There are a couple ways to get the Shop Floor Layout Software to run on your Mac.

    There's a way to run it without having to install windows:
    http://www.codeweavers.com/ - Commercial
    http://www.winehq.org/ - Open Source

    We use full Windows installs under Parallels on our Macs here at the office.
    There may be other options for running a virtual copy of windows on your Mac, but here are a couple that I know of:
    http://www.virtualbox.org/ - Open Source
    http://www.parallels.com/ - Commercial

    Jason

    Jason Coe
    IT Manager
    +1 760 966 7171 ext 111

    The M&R Companies
    www.mrprint.com
    800 736 6431 or +1 630 858 6101

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX & Cuernavaca, MX
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jason
    Bill,

    There are a couple ways to get the Shop Floor Layout Software to run on your Mac.

    There's a way to run it without having to install windows:
    http://www.codeweavers.com/ - Commercial
    http://www.winehq.org/ - Open Source

    We use full Windows installs under Parallels on our Macs here at the office.
    There may be other options for running a virtual copy of windows on your Mac, but here are a couple that I know of:
    http://www.virtualbox.org/ - Open Source
    http://www.parallels.com/ - Commercial

    Jason
    Oh, Jason, running windows on a Macintosh is like buying an M&R and replacing the working parts with those from a Tuf! I don't think that I will ever be running Windows on my Macintosh. I specially went with Mac so I wouldn't have to deal with all those problems that Gates floods the market with. Thanks anyway!
    May all your impressions be great,

    Bill Hood
    Consultant to the Screenprinting Industry Worldwide since 1983
    Austin, TX and Cuernavaca, MX
    World Phone: (0011) 512.481.2465

    http://solutionsjournal.com
    http://schoolofscreenprinting.com
    http://screenprintstore.com

  8. Likes Rockers liked this post
  9. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hood
    Oh, Jason, running windows on a Macintosh is like buying an M&R and replacing the working parts with those from a Tuf! I don't think that I will ever be running Windows on my Macintosh. I specially went with Mac so I wouldn't have to deal with all those problems that Gates floods the market with. Thanks anyway!
    I understand completely!

    Definitely not a perfect solution, but for the sake of productivity, I consider some of these workarounds "necessary evils".

    Sounds like the beginning to a Mac vs PC commercial..[blink]

    Jason Coe
    IT Manager
    +1 760 966 7171 ext 111

    The M&R Companies
    www.mrprint.com
    800 736 6431 or +1 630 858 6101

  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Sounds like the old Mac vs PC arguments on a site I used to visit.
    Dave Filip
    Bimm Ridder Sportswear
    (319)364-3479
    davefilip@bimmridder.com

    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX & Cuernavaca, MX
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmridder
    Sounds like the old Mac vs PC arguments on a site I used to visit.
    You won't get me into a Mac versus Windows argument, but I will always inform those who use PC in lieu of Windows that the Mac is a Personal Computer as well. Why do people mistakenly refer to Windows as a PC? I have never understood that one.
    May all your impressions be great,

    Bill Hood
    Consultant to the Screenprinting Industry Worldwide since 1983
    Austin, TX and Cuernavaca, MX
    World Phone: (0011) 512.481.2465

    http://solutionsjournal.com
    http://schoolofscreenprinting.com
    http://screenprintstore.com

  12. Likes Rockers liked this post
  13. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hood
    You won't get me into a Mac versus Windows argument, but I will always inform those who use PC in lieu of Windows that the Mac is a Personal Computer as well. Why do people mistakenly refer to Windows as a PC? I have never understood that one.
    marketing... $$$$$$$


    I have a PC, and I run Linux... [biggrin]
    Jason Coe
    IT Manager
    +1 760 966 7171 ext 111

    The M&R Companies
    www.mrprint.com
    800 736 6431 or +1 630 858 6101

  14. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Saint Cloud Fl
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classifieds
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Thad
    M&R’s Shop Floor-Layout Program helps you create the ideal floor plan for streamlined production flow and maximum shop efficiency—before you start arranging or rearranging equipment.

    You must be a registered member of the M&R Companies Forums to download this program. Registration is free, but requires a valid email address.

    Once you are registered you can download the Shop Floor-Layout Program in either of two versions, .zip (compressed) or .exe (executable installer file).

    Click here to register.


    Awesome download!! I do this a couple time a year to determine where \i want things. I draw up the dimensions of every thing i have and move them around on my computer before I actually move them. I have fun with it but this is much better!
    Thanks!!
    25+ years in the screen print industry.

    Artist, Screen printer, Separator, specializing in authentic high end photo real simulated process art and separations and image conversion to vector. High end simulated process separation training and consulting available on site.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
M&R Store Printing Supplies – M&R t-shirt, digital and screen printing forums
Back to top